Nextensa is a leading Belgian Real Estate investor and developer. We uncover opportunities and turn them into valuable growth for all stakeholders. Besides creating pioneering neighbourhoods, we contribute to the community by anticipating trends and creating sustainable and lively spaces to live, work, relax and shop. Maison de la Poste can be found in the Gare Maritime on Tour & Taxis, a site developed and owned by Nextensa.
MAISON DE LA POSTE IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER MEETING VENUE IN BRUSSELS
"Step into the unparalleled charm of Maison de la Poste, a venue in Brussels that stands apart from the rest. Beyond its historic facade, this beautifully renovated heritage building transcends the ordinary to become a hub where inspiration takes flight. Here, you are invited to connect with others, let your imagination soar, and explore new horizons.
Team Asset Management, reporting into the Sales & Hospitality Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Conference Coordinator plays a pivotal role in ensuring the overall success of Maison De La Poste, with a primary focus on fostering client relationships, thus driving sales, and optimizing the end-to-end quality of meetings and events. This role involves a multifaceted approach, encompassing client liaison, sales management, financial reporting, and coordination of various elements to ensure the venue remains a premier destination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ( non limitative list of tasks)
Your area of responsibilities include:
- Meeting & Event Coordination:
o Oversee end-to-end quality of meetings and events, ensuring seamless execution.
o Coordinate various elements such as property management, contracts negotiation, personnel planning, and orders placement for a smooth event experience.
o Plan and supervise deliveries for events, providing guidance on the day of the event.
- Client and Supplier Relationship Management:
o Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for both suppliers and clients, ensuring their needs are met.
o Gather feedback and identify areas for improvement, fostering long-term client relationships for sustainable growth.
- Operational Efficiency and Best Practices:
o Investigate and develop best practices for daily business operations, liaising with IT, Marketing, and other departments.
o Optimize the current working processes, including evaluating and potentially transitioning to new systems for improved efficiency.
o Focus on improving customer service accessibility and clarity, addressing issues related to communication channels and timeliness.
- Sales Management:
o Retain and expand the current client base through effective relationship management.
o Actively attract new clients, with a particular emphasis on networking at events and targeting congresses for full venue bookings.
o Assist your manager in negotiating and renegotiating partner contracts, ensuring mutually beneficial terms by providing the correct input
- Financial Oversight:
o Set and strive to achieve sales targets, constantly monitoring and adjusting strategies to meet goals.
o Report on your own target & team target
o Contribute to the creation of financial forecasts
o Responsible for meticulous invoicing follow-up and sending, ensuring seamless financial processes and client satisfaction
- Languages: Knowledge spoken/written of Dutch, French and English
- Proven experience in sales and hospitality management, preferably in a similar venue
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Financial acumen with the ability to analyze and report on financial data.
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities, ensuring smooth execution of events.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, for client interactions and internal collaborations.
- Knowledge/experience in customer oriented roles: hotels, conference centers, tourism…
- Knowledge of sales approach & client management
- Knowledge of office applications
- Knowledge of working with accounting applications/programs
- Customer oriented
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- With an eye for detail
- Result oriented
Profile – general info & practical
- We love early birds… and adore bats!: our center opens at 8 am, and hosts events until 11 pm.
- Flexible with the working hours – 8am – 6pm or in some cases starting later to end later (around 10pm)
- Need to be where our clients are => presence on site needed => no work at home possible
- Place to work: Tour & Taxis Brussel, Gare Maritime, Building Maison de la Poste
- Age, experience, etc doesn’t really matter, we are mostly looking for “go getters” – people that are eager to have a result and that know what customer orientation means, and apply this way of acting in all of their tasks