A perfect balance between quality housing, boutiques and restaurants
A pleasant and sustainable place to live, shop and relax
The Cloche d’Or is innovative and sustainable, symbolic of the new Urban Living in Luxembourg. A pioneering urban district giving preference to agility and sustainability. A pleasant place to live, work, shop and relax. Combining housing offices, shops and leisure facilities, the Cloche d’Or aims to be a mixed and vibrant district. By 2035, around 45,000 people will live, work, study or have fun here.
The residential areas combine the needs of today’s city dwellers with an ambitious view of sustainability. The housing units offer residents contemporary interiors filled with light, boasting high-end finishes and communal areas bathed in sunlight. Advanced home automation enables them to control their home from a distance.
Residents have restaurants, shops, health services, offices, schools and parks close at hand. An outstanding shopping centre covering 75,000 sqm with over 120 boutiques as well as local stores create a genuine neighbourhood lifestyle. The shopping centre stands at the centre of this neighbourhood. Its contemporary, airy design comprises 120 influential and inspiring stores on three levels. Over half of these are exclusive in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The activities, pop-up stores and 20 restaurants, bars and cafés in the Food Hall ensure a lively atmosphere throughout the year.
The pedestrian areas and cycle paths promote alternative transport in the Cloche d'Or district, while easy access by bus, tram and train enables people to visit Luxembourg city or the green setting of Gasperich Park and Kockelscheuer with ease. The nearby motorways bring France, Belgium and Germany within reach.
The residential project comprises several sub-projects:
- All the apartments in the Îlot D-Sud sub-project (155 apartments) were completed in 2022
- The Îlot D-Nord sub-project (194 apartments) is gradually being completed during the course of 2023.
- The D5-D10 sub-project (185 apartments) will probably be completed during 2024.
The Cloche d’Or district is ideally located four kilometres from Luxembourg city centre and less than three kilometres from the central railway station.
- Cloche d'Or park, restaurants, brasseries and offices in the new district of the city.
- Cloche d'Or shopping centre
- Near the new Howald peripheral railway station
- A new tram line will provide a smooth connection between the Kirchberg district and Luxembourg city centre.
- All the buildings meet the most stringent sustainability standards of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen (German Sustainable Building Council)
- Urban heating network
- Cogeneration technology
- Priority given to soft mobility
- Public transport stylishly integrated
- Creation of an ecological corridor linking the new Gasperich park, the capital’s biggest park covering 16 hectares, bordered by the Weierbach stream.
- The timeless, minimalist design of the different housing units provides sufficient space for a personal touch.
- Spacious loggias bring the outside world inside and/or vice versa.
- State-of-the-art home automation applications enable residents to control their homes from a distance.