A perfect balance between quality housing, creative work spaces, boutiques and restaurants
A pleasant and sustainable place to live, work, shop and relax
For the development of the Cloche d'Or project, Nextensa is in a joint venture with Promobe, a major player in real estate development in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. In the context of this joint venture, we refer to Grossfeld (joint venture between Promobe and Nextensa).
The Cloche d’Or is innovative and sustainable, symbolic of the New Urban Living in Luxembourg. A pioneering urban district giving preference to agility and sustainability. A pleasant place to work, live, shop and relax. Combining housing offices, shops and leisure facilities, the Cloche d’Or aims to be a mixed and vibrant district. By 2035, around 45,000 people will live, work, study or have fun here.
This district combines the needs of today’s city dwellers with an ambitious view of sustainability. The housing units in the residential areas offer contemporary interiors filled with light, boasting high-end finishes and communal areas bathed in sunlight. Advanced home automation enables them to control their home from a distance. Residents have restaurants, shops, health services, offices, schools and parks close at hand. The pedestrian areas and cycle paths promote alternative transport in the Cloche d'Or district, while easy access by bus, tram and train enables people to visit Luxembourg city or the green setting of Gasperich Park and Kockelscheuer with ease. The nearby motorways bring France, Belgium and Germany within reach.
The residential project comprises several sub-projects:
- All the apartments in the Îlot D-Sud sub-project (155 apartments) were completed in 2022
- The Îlot D-Nord sub-project (194 apartments) is gradually being completed during the course of 2023.
- The D5-D10 sub-project (185 apartments) will probably be completed during 2024.
The Cloche d’Or is the new place to be for businesses in Luxembourg. Leading international businesses can already be found here: PwC, Deloitte, Intesa San Paolo, Alter Domus, etc.
Two new office buildings, The White House and The Emerald, are under construction. The Emerald, which stands on boulevard F. W. Raiffeisen, opposite the Cloche d'Or shopping centre, stands out thanks to its green colour. It comprises eight floors (-1 to +6). Each floor can be divided into two independent rental spaces, each with open views on three sides. Construction work began in March 2022 and is scheduled for completion in August 2023. The aim is to obtain BREAAM Excellent certification. The White House, meanwhile, comprises six floors (gross floor surface area of 6,836 sqm) and an underground car park (40 spaces). The aim is to obtain BREAAM Excellent certification.
Nextensa has signed a 20-year lease with B&B HOTELS to develop a superior 3-star hotel in the new Cloche d'Or district in Luxembourg. This hotel with 150 rooms will benefit from easy access by car and excellent access by public transport. The hotel will be completed and ready to welcome its first guests during the first half of 2025.
An outstanding shopping centre covering 75,000 sqm with over 120 boutiques as well as local stores creates a genuine neighbourhood lifestyle. The shopping centre stands at the centre of this neighbourhood. Its contemporary, airy design comprises 120 influential and inspiring stores on three levels. Over half of these are exclusive in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The biggest Lifestore Auchan in the Greater Region can be found here. The activities, pop-up stores and 20 restaurants, bars and cafés in the Food Hall ensure a lively atmosphere throughout the year.
The Cloche d’Or district is ideally located four kilometres from Luxembourg city centre and less than three kilometres from the central railway station.
- Near the new Howald peripheral railway station
- A new tram line will provide a smooth connection between the Kirchberg district and Luxembourg city centre.
- All the buildings meet the most stringent sustainability standards of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen (German Sustainable Building Council)
- Urban heating network
- Cogeneration technology
- Priority given to soft mobility
- Public transport stylishly integrated
- Creation of an ecological corridor linking the new Gasperich park, the capital’s biggest park covering 16 hectares, bordered by the Weierbach stream.
- The Cloche d'Or boasts a balanced mix of new buildings designed by a wide range of leading architectural firms.
- The brand-new park has 15 hectares of free space, a large pond, themed play areas, an orchard with fruit trees and an amphitheatre where events can be held.
- The timeless, minimalist design of the different housing units provides sufficient space for a personal touch.
- Spacious loggias bring the outside world inside and/or vice versa.
- State-of-the-art home automation applications enable residents to control their homes from a distance.