An enjoyable shopping experience all year round
An ideally situated shopping centre
This shopping centre with about 55 stores lies in the north of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, on the border between Luxembourg, Belgium and Germany. It was built in 1995. Nestling in the heart of the Ardennes forest, the Knauf Schmiede shopping centre is the ultimate shopping destination. It offers an ongoing experience in bright, modern surroundings as it is open all year round, even on Sundays and public holidays.
Work on the Knauf Schmiede shopping centre was completed in September 2022. Nextensa carried out major renovation work, including an extension of approximately 8,000 sqm, undertaken in several phases. The work resulted in an expanded retail range, a new catering concept and an activities and relaxation area for families. The aim of this renovation was twofold: to draw attention to our tenants’ more effectively and to offer our visitors a unique shopping experience.
The complex also has a 1,500 sqm business centre.
- Vielsalm in Belgium
- Trois-Vierges in Luxembourg
- Switch to LED lighting in the communal areas
- Recycling centre for tenants
- Installation of six charging stations for electric cars
- Initiatives already taken:
- Knauf booster: Knauf supports young businesses
RECYCL' ART: increasing customers’ awareness of the plastic they use by collecting plastic bottles and other types of packaging. The children at the Wiltz centre and others have created a variety of creatures using recycled materials.
The Naturpark Öewersauer national park also contributed to the event with its H2 Only activity. Customers were invited to taste different types of water to encourage people to drink tap water. The centre has just signed a cooperation contract with Naturpark Öwersauer to collaborate on the development of green spaces around the shopping centre.
- Open all year round, even on Sundays and public holidays.
- Loyalty card system.
- Modern surroundings bathed in light.
- Fashion, leather goods, beauty, services, leisure and eateries, as well as alcohol, tobacco and fuel at Luxembourg prices.
- Activities throughout the year.
- The new architectural concept evokes a return to nature.
- The Grand Café and the Food Village can accommodate no fewer than 800 visitors on the ground and first floors. The complex will also feature a 600-sqm roof terrace.